MRHS Registration 2022-2023
Hello 8th grade students and parents!
We are currently in the process of helping students transition to high school. Please reach out to your Janitell counselors if you have any questions.
Here are some important dates to remember:
- January 17th - AVID Applications due: If you are interested in applying to the Mesa Ridge AVID program, stop down to the Janitell Counseling Center for more information on how to access the application.
- January 19th - 6pm - Future Freshman Evening and Registration Information (Mesa Ridge Gym): This is an orientation evening to prepare current 8th grade students for high school registration. all academic departments and extra-curricular activities will be represented.
- January 27th - AVID Interviews: Your Janitell counselors will contact you if you have been chosen for an interview and provide you with more information.
- February 1st - 1st period - (Janitell AP Room): Mesa Ridge counselors will do a presentation to all 8th grade STUDENTS about the registration process and high school requirements. There will be an opportunity for students to ask questions as well.
- February 1st - 7th period - (Janitell AP Room): Our district Work Based Learning Coordinator will speak to all 8th grade STUDENTS about career pathways, CTE programs, PLTW courses and how to fill out their course request sheet accordingly.
- February 2nd - 7th period - (Janitell AP Room): The Mesa Ridge Performing Arts Department will put on a performance with their Band, Orchestra, Choir, and Drama programs for students to decide if they would like to participate in performing arts in high school.
- February 7th - 1st/2nd period - (Janitell Library): Mesa Ridge counselors will return to meet with students and collect course request sheets.
YOU MAY TURN IN YOUR COURSE REQUEST SHEET TO THE JANITELL COUNSELING CENTER PRIOR TO 2/7 SO YOU DON'T LOSE IT OR FORGET IT ON THIS DAY. IF YOU DO NOT TURN IT IN PRIOR TO 2/7, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT READY THAT DAY.