- Teams may consist of 6th, 7th, and 8th graders
- Length of Periods:
- Varsity - 60 seconds, 90 seconds, 90 seconds
- JV – three 60 second periods
- Varsity wrestles first followed by JV, unless the school runs two mats
- Weight Classifications:
- 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 150, 160, 170, 185, HWT (275lb maximum). A match is defined as 20 bouts.
- Coaches will discuss athlete safety when there is a huge discrepancy in the HWT match up.
- At any given dual, wrestlers can float between JV/varsity in order to get all wrestlers a match (only the varsity match counts toward tournament seeding).
- Weigh-ins will occur at all league matches.
- The officials will draw the weight class that is to be weighed. This will also be the weight class that wrestles first.
- One wrestler from the drawn weight class will be weighed from each school. If either wrestler does not make their weight, they will be scratched, and the entire team will be weighed before the match.
- c) If there is not a wrestler from either school in the drawn weight class, then the official must draw again.
- d) There will be a 2lb weight allowance for the duration of the season.
i. Above 2lbs will scratch if chosen to weight in
ii. Above 2lbs at site-based non-official weigh-ins (prior to the start of the meet) can wrestle up
- There will be a league tournament at the end of the season.
- Head coaches or a representative must attend the seeding meeting on the Friday prior to the league tournament.
- The league tournament will have weigh-ins the morning of the tournament. Athletes missing weight that morning will be scratched.
- Tournament Seeding Rules:
- Wrestlers must have at least 2-scheduled league duals at the varsity level to be seeded in the league tournament.
- Seeding will be determined by the following:
- 1. Number of wins at scheduled league varsity duals (10 maximum- JV or tournament matches do not count) at the weight to be wrestled in the tournament, including one weight class up or down (for example, if a wrestler is going to wrestle 100 lbs. in the tournament, he/she includes varsity wins at 95, 100, and 105 lbs.)
- Head to Head
- Number of wins at weight class to be wrestled
- Number of wins in actual wrestled matches (excluding forfeits)
- Tech falls
- Major decisions
- Coin flips
- Once the bracket is set according to the above criteria, head to head competition will be considered to readjust the bracket. Wrestlers can only be moved up or down 1 position (for example, once the bracket is set using the seeding criteria, if the #5 seeded wrestler has beaten the #4 wrestler in head to head competition during a season match (excluding tournaments), the two wrestlers will be switched in the bracket. This adjustment will only happen with wrestlers who are seeded one position from each other. Wrestlers’ position can only be adjusted once using the above criteria.
- The tournament will utilize an 12-wrestler bracket
- Once the bracket is set, there will be a draw for JV wrestlers to fill each bracket. There will be one draw per weight, and all schools will be given the opportunity to add additional wrestlers at each weight class per drawing.
- All day admission for the league tournament is $5.00 for adults and $2.00 for students and seniors.
- League Tournament Awards:
Team points are allowed for 1st – 4th place.
Team plaques will be awarded for the 1st – 3rd place teams.
1st – 3rd place medals will be awarded to individual wrestlers.