- Girls’ softball follows CHSAA fast pitch softball rules.
- There will be an A team and a B team. Both teams may be mixed 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
- The A team game will play first, followed by the B team. Teams are expected to play both games.
- Switching half-innings (A-team): after 3 outs or 9 runs except in the last inning, which ends at 3 outs.
- The A game will not start a new inning after 65 minutes of play (final inning to be completed with the home team at bat unless the home team has the lead).
- If the A game is tied at the end of regulation, the last batter will be placed on second base to start the next inning of play.
- The B game will not start a new inning after 65 minutes of play (final inning to be completed with the home team at bat unless the home team has the lead). Switching half-innings (B team) after 3 outs or 9 batters except in the last inning which ends at 3 outs.
- The B game can end with a tie.
- There will be a 10-minute warm-up period between the A and B games.
- High school re-entry rule applies: If swapping positions, you can swap as often as you like. Substitutes may re-enter one time after they are taken out but they must go back in the same spot in the lineup they were in before.
- Helmets must be worn by the batter, runners, and all student base coaches.
- Rubber cleats only.
- 12” ball Optic yellow game ball
- No spectators on the field at any time.
- There will be playoffs for the top 6 A teams (top 2 seeds get a first round bye) at the end of the season, 7 innings with no time limit.
- A game is considered complete after 3 innings in regular season games and tournament play if weather is a factor
- Field Dimensions: 60 feet to bases; 43 feet to pitching runner with 16ft circle
- “C” Team or developmental team rules: drop dead, 60-minute time limit
Dan Murphy - A Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison Heathington- B Team email@example.com